Saturday, August 8, 2015

2 Miles

Hey there!

I just discovered yesterday that I have actually been walking two miles a day all this time!!!! I clocked the distance in my car and was truly amazed to realize that from point A to point B was a full mile. Since I have to get back home after my walk.....that's right.... TWO MILES!

I'm doing a happy dance, trust me you are happy just for not being able to see it...lol. Either way, it explains the soreness and the soreness actually went away for the first time yesterday too.....

I totally blew off my walk yesterday and I don't even have a real reason why, I just didn't do it. When I don't get up and do it first thing in the morning, the day provides all kinds of excuses for me not to do it later. That is a trap that I have come to recognize and I must overcome that for my own personal reasons.

I find myself thinking while I'm walking....who am I cheating if I walk slower? Who is getting the short end of the stick when I weasel my way out of making good choices? No one but me. I am the one who reaps the guilt, frustration, bad feelings, depressed mood. Me. I have to do myself a solid and remember that when I am fantasizing about doing less than my best.

I read some blogs to try to get myself more motivated and it kinda did the opposite. I wanted to read the experiences of others who walked 2 miles a day and how it made them feel, what kind of changes they discovered in their mind, body and spirit. You know what I found instead? People who were fit going on and on about how walking was the laziest exercise every and barely kept you basically fit. What a crock of shit. The all or nothing mentality is what keeps people obese and shunning themselves. Every step you take toward a better you is quite the opposite of lazy. It is empowering. I encourage myself and others to keep taking just that one step to a better you.

If one step toward a better you is 4 donuts instead of 5, so be it. Next time go down to 3 instead of 4 you donut lover you......

I'm learning that some is better than none when it comes to taking care of myself specifically. The try is where the change is made. I'm going to keep trying.

I was standing in the kitchen at work and I was like what is that feeling on my booty area???!!! Guess what it was...a space between my butt cheek and my thigh...lmao....I have a booty cheek now and not just what I lovingly called that area, "my butthigh" (buh thy). I don't recall every feeling that piece of booty before.... I likey.

Hugs and love to all! -S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Share Your Thoughts And Motivational Comments.....rudeness will be deleted....hugs!