Sunday, May 27, 2012

Irritated today....going back to bed.

Hey All!

Verdict: 322.5 (I couldn't stay off the scale)

So I am really down in the dumps today (again). I only get paid once a month and it is so difficult to budget everything out. I havent quite figured out a rhythm yet but I am working on it so that I can pay everything and not spend too much on one thing and not enough on the other.

It has been a struggle here at the end of the month to keep the ball rolling. I'm feeling really overwhelmed with all of the responsibility that entails.

It is so difficult to keep up with the grocery bill for sure.

So, once I figure out how to do that I am going to make a huge post about it so that it can help others to manage the food bill to stay healthy. True, I'm not spending money on going out and all that stuff but at the same time I haven't really every purchased this much chicken, fish and meat before and the starchy stuff is cheaper cause it costs less to put it in a box where it can last for eight hundred years.

Things I have figured out we will NOT buy again:

1. Fresh Asparagus - Went rotten on the shelf within the week....actually like 3 days and if you have never smelled fresh asparagus that has gone rotten.....let's just say it's a sweet smelling mix of fish and rotten garbage with syrup on it. Vomit City.

2. More than one type of Lettuce at a time: Unless it is a spring mix all in the same container, lettuce wraps, butter leaf, green leaf and romaine hearts can not be bought all at the same time. It's a waste of money because I can't eat enough to keep up with using it all before it goes rotten.

3. Non-Fat Sour Cream: No reason, plain greek yogurt tastes exactly the same. I'm not even sure it isn't the same thing in a differently labeled package.

4. Name Brand Greek Yogurt: There is no reason for this either. I'm paying at least .40 extra for a colorful label. The taste is no different. AT ALL. Unless it's this yogurt called "Greek Gods" but then again, that doesn't really fit because that is name brand too. I can stick with the "Insert Store Name Here" Greek Yogurt. Seriously.

5.Pre-made dressings with no oil or vegan dressings: Vomit. That is all. I can scrape baby diapers for free.

Those are the only things I can think of right now that I know for a fact I will not be doing. I have much more to figure out and categorize and list.

I'm feeling like I am forgetting to do something or like something is missing. I may just need to go back to bed.

Just feeling kind of like I wanna hide out in my room and play computer games all day long while watching trash tv. ho hum...blah.

My daughter (she is 8) and I went to the park yesterday and we were on the swings and she said "Momma, I'm gonna miss your fat when it's gone."

I laughed and was like, why is that?

She said "because me and Asia get to lay on it and sleep there"

So I said, well you don't have to worry about it for at least a year.......she said "YES!"

I thought that was hilarious.

I will post later......

Hugs....


4 comments:

  1. LOL That is so cute!

    Glad you are figuring this diet out for yourself! You will learn more and more about the different foods, where you can get them for cheap, what you will and will not eat before expiry as time goes on. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. As much as I am complaining though it is fun to figure out what I can do to cut costs and manage things more effciently and effectively. It's empowering.

      Delete
  2. It is hard with the high prices of meat etc... I find I eat tuna from a tin a bit more now and always make sure there are leftovers from dinner for my lunch. I'm also eating less now that there's less of me (???) so that helps with the grocery bill.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am looking forward to the eating less part, right now I have some days where I want to eat and eat and eat and then other days where I feel very under control. So once I get a handle on that I am sure that will help too.

    ReplyDelete

Please Share Your Thoughts And Motivational Comments.....rudeness will be deleted....hugs!